Search This Blog

Blue's Blog

Blue's Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Please Spay or Neuter Your Pets


Double K and Her Brothers

ASPCA Article

Knowing how important spaying and neutering one's pet is, advising many that doing so is required of any responsible pet owner, I felt like a hypocrite when I stopped urging people to do so when my daughter's beautiful kitten died after her surgery. She was sweet and loved my daughter, so we wanted to do the best for her but, for whatever reason, she did not survive.

The vet could not say what killed her, but in reading up on-line about deaths after spaying, I saw that the occurrence without explanation is all too common. As such, I felt guilty recommending the procedure for a long time, but I can't ignore the results of not having our pets spayed and neutered. It came down to weighing one tragedy against another and taking the chance of losing a precious pet or the certain over population of unwanted creatures who receive no health care, love, homes, or food. We've all seen the heartbreaking commercials showing abused and neglected pets rescued only to live out their lives in the cages of overcrowded shelters.

It is a chance we need to take and while my daughter's kitten, Double K, died to our horrific surprise, I've had many pets spayed and neutered over the years successfully without incident. It is a chance worth taking for the greater good. Please spay or neuter your pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment


qrcode

Paws

socialmarker

Total Pageviews

Keywords

keeping pets safe this summer